Hey there! You’ve stumbled upon my social media marketing strategy project for my brand, Making It Up. For the whole month of March 2021, I’ll be learning the ins and outs of social media strategies to help my Instagram and Youtube Channel grow at a faster pace.
This month I’m going to spend my time:
- Learning how to manage a project.
- Researching social media strategies and how to measure metrics.
- Creating a social media strategy for Making It Up from scratch.
- Creating a social media scheduling plan to implement my strategy.
- Documenting my work, weekly.
Keep on reading to learn what I did this week! And click here to learn what I did last week.
What did I accomplish this week?
This week was all about designing and refining my social media strategy and documenting my work. I fine tuned my posting strategy for each social platform and built two content calendars to put my social media marketing strategy in action!
Here’s what I did this week:
- I designed my social media marketing strategies. The last thing I had to do after creating each component in weeks prior, was putting everything together and making my strategies look pretty. I used a pre-made canva template to add all my information and make my strategies easy to understand and visually appealing. Check out how they turned out!
- I did a mini-test to see if my strategies work. I really wanted to focus my project on creating my social media strategies but I still wanted to do a mini-test on both of my platforms to see how my strategies are performing so far. Check out my loom video below to see how my Instagram and Youtube have grown since I implemented my strategy!
- I wrote a blog post dissecting my social media marketing strategies. To document my project I wrote a blog post going through every element of my strategies and explaining my thought process behind them. (will link when post is live)
- I wrote my week four update blog post. To document my work this week I wrote the blog post you’re currently reading to update whoever is following along with my month-long social media marketing strategy project!
What went well?
Well, the best thing that happened this week is that I finalized my project and I made it to the finish line with minor scratches! Since most of this week was about fine tuning and documenting my information, it was a nice recap on what I worked on and accomplished this month.
I was also able to do a mini-test to implement my strategy and the results are better than I hoped. My Youtube subscriber count has gone up 40 subscribers in just one week and my latest video has almost gotten 1000 views! My Instagram is growing a bit slower but every single post I uploaded this week has gotten over 65 likes –– which is my average –– so I think my strategy is working.
It’s still a bit too early to tell but I think my social media marketing strategy will be a success in the long run.
What could improve?
This week I actually struggled a lot with designing my strategies. I already had all the information that needed to go in them, but I was having a hard time making them look pretty. The design I worked on week through week was more of a rough draft and I definitely wanted to present my strategies better.
I wanted to come up with a unique design concept and work on it without any help. I was using Canva but I didn’t want to use a template because I wanted to create something from scratch that was on brand with Making It Up. After many ugly iterations of my strategies, I finally admitted to myself I’m not a graphic designer and that I needed help.
So I hunted for a nice template within Canva I could use and tweaked it to fit my strategies. Since I already had the rough drafts made, all I had to do was copy and paste the information to fit my new design. The process took me less than two hours and I got the result I wanted. Two beautifully designed social media strategies that are easy to understand and pretty to look at.
So, looking back I actually struggled for nothing because I could have made my life a lot easier if I’d just started the process with a pre-made template. But I got there in the end and that’s all that matters!
I’m extremely happy to have finished this project after a month of many failures, triumphs, and hard work. I think my strategies not only look amazing but they’ll get me to where I want to go.
Thanks for following along. Till next time!
Curious about my social media marketing project? Click here to read about my entire journey!