I never really talk about skin care on the blog, and the truth is, I’m not huge on skincare. I have pretty unproblematic skin and I’m still young, so I have a fairly simple skincare routine.
Lately I’ve been following a ton of skin care enthusiasts on Instagram and I think I’ve fallen in absolute love. I’ve been doing research on a bunch of products and I’ve been discovering so many new things that I’d like to try.
Unfortunately, I can’t afford to buy all these products at once to show you guys; so a wish list will have to do for now. If you want to know more about the skin care products I’ve been lusting after, keep reading!
As I previously mentioned, my skin is mostly unproblematic. I get a few blemishes every now and again, but it’s nothing major. I do have combination skin, which isn’t too bad in my opinion, but it is something I have to consider when looking for products.
My biggest problem areas are my under eyes, which tend to get very dark; and my chronically dry lips. So I do like to treat these areas daily.
My current skin care routine works pretty good for me, but I still feel like I could take it to the next level and add more steps to it.
1. Origins Original Skin Cleansing Makeup Removing Jelly with Willowherb | This is a new product by Origins and it’s basically a jelly cleanser that removes makeup and impurities from the face. What really drew me to this one is the fact that the willowherb makes your skin look glowy after you use it.
2. Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate | I haven’t really incorporated oils into my routine because they intimidate me a bit. But this oil helps your skin look refreshed and and awake, so it’s perfect to use in the mornings. Not intimidating at all.
3. Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème | As I already mentioned, my under eyes are my biggest pain in the butt. And I haven’t found a product that moisturizes and brightens them at the same time. When I saw this eye cream I immediately put it in my wish list because it has everything I’m looking for! Hydration, brightening power, and it’s said to improve concealer application and wear. I need it asap!
4. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser | Most of the products in my wish list aren’t affordable. But I’ve heard a lot of great things about this cleanser and I love CeraVe products, so I really want to try this out. This is a very gentle cleanser that removes dirt effectively, which is perfect for everyday use.
5. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask | My dry lips need some saving and I think this will be the perfect product for that. I’ve heard a lot of people raving about this and I need to try it. This is basically a lip mask that you leave on overnight and it makes your lips look and feel super soft and moisturized.
6. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil | This is more of an anti-aging product and even though I’m still a teenager, it’s never too early to start. Right? It works to reduce fine lines, redness and blotchiness and it absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no residue behind. I’ve tried a few products from Drunk Elephant, and while they’re expensive, they are very high quality.
7. Pixi Beauty Glow Tonic | I haven’t incorporated a toner/exfoliator in my routine yet, and I’ve heard wonders about this one. It’s very gentle on the skin so you can use it every day, and it promises clear skin that is soft & smooth. Plus, it’s very affordable.
8. Tatcha The Water Cream | I have heard so many people talk about this and I know this can work wonders for my skin. Since I have combination skin I always look for oil-free moisturizers, and this is one of them. Not only does this product hydrate the skin, but it minimizes the look of pores which is always a plus.
Anyway, that’s my skin care wish list for now. Have you guys tried any of the products in my wish list? Do you recommend them? Let me know! And also leave some suggestions of your favorite skincare products 🙂
Thank you so much for tuning in this week!
Lots of love,