I’ve decided to make a small series of my favorite drugstore makeup for summer 2015, which I started on my last post. You can check it out if you haven’t yet, I have some good summer lippie suggestions. This week I decided to do my favorite eye products that you can find right at your drugstore. I even included a really cool trend going on right now!
1. NYX Eyeshadow Base | In the summer I find the extreme need to wear an eye base to keep my lids from creasing. Naturally I don’t have oily lids but in the summer they tend to get a bit oily. This is a great product because it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing, it hides my eye veins and pigment, and it prolongs the wear of eyeshadow. It also comes in black and white if you want something to make colors pop more.
2. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in Pure Purple | I love to wear a little bit more color in the summer and I love purple because it makes my brown eyes pop and it makes them look lighter. Purple is a pretty daring color, but if you smoke it out enough, or you apply it to your waterline, it can come off less harsh on your eyes and give you enough color to make your look different. This formula of eyeliner is very smooth and easy to apply, it’s long wearing as well.
3. Rimmel London Scandal’eyes Waterproof Mascara | This is a great mascara if you want to add a ton of volume to your lashes. It’s also waterproof which is a plus if you’re sweating a lot or getting wet. If you go overboard though, it can become very clumpy, so be careful with that.
4. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte | These eyshadows are amazing! The formula is really good and it’s super easy to work with. It’s very pigmented yet easy to blend. This color is a very easy all-over-the-lid shade as well. It’s a pale champagne, great for everyday natural looks.
5. NYX Color Mascara in Mint Julep | I haven’t actually tried this product, but I really want to! Colored mascara is a trend this summer and I’m digging it. If you’re super bold and want a new look you can try this one! I think the colored mascara look is great, and super easy too. You just apply a ton of it to your lashes and it looks super edgy and interesting, no need for anything else.
6. Rimmel London Soft Khol Kajal Eye Pencil in Black| this pencil is great on the tight line and waterline. It’s very smooth and it glides on beautifully. The best part is that it’s waterproof so you can apply it to your lids as well, for a bit of definition, and it won’t budge. This eyeliner is a great bang for your buck.
7. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze | Cream eyeshadow has to be the easiest go to product I reach for in the summer. I just apply and blend it all over the lids and that’s it. Sometimes I use cream shadow as a base for other eyeshadows as well. This color is a very good choice for summer too, since it’s a bronze. This formula is waterproof and it will not go anywhere, it’s even a little hard to take off.
8. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Sandstone Shimmer | If you’re traveling this summer I recommend that you take something like this. It has some really good summer-y colors that you can use on an everyday basis, but it also has the deeper shades that you can pull out if you need to smoke out your look. It’s also travel friendly and very good quality. The shadows are pigmented enough but they’re still easy to use and to blend.
9. Covergirl Clump Crusher Waterproof Mascara | The Clump Crusher mascara is my everyday mascara and I love it. It separates my lashes and makes them look full and super long. The waterproof formula is great for summer because it doesn’t smudge at all. It holds a curl perfectly and it stays on your lashes for as long as you need. It can be a little tricky to remove but if you do it correctly that won’t be a problem. If you’re on the lookout for a mascara that’s waterproof and makes your lashes look natural then this is the one for you.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and got some ideas for what to use/buy for summer. I would love to know what your favorite eye products for the summer are, so make sure to leave them down below.
See you next time!