Summer is by far my favorite season. I love the warm weather and I love how colorful everything gets. I also like to play with my makeup a little bit more in the summer and be more daring with my choices. I know that playing with color and trying to incorporate it into your makeup routine can be pretty hard if you’re not used to it, but I’m here to help. Lipsticks are the easiest way to make your look more colorful, yet put together and mature. I also thought I’d make this post budget friendly. That’s why today I bring you seven of my favorite drugstore lippies to wear during the summer months.
1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague | The formula of this product is long wearing therefore making it perfect for summer. This is a berry shade and I know berries are usually for fall, but this shade is very vibrant and full of life. If you love to wear berry shades this is perfect for you, it’ll make you feel safe with your choice of lipstick and it looks great in the summer.
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor in Coral Crush | This is my favorite out of the six! The formula of the lipstick is very comfortable and you can build the color up as much as you desire. Coral has always been my go to summer color because it compliments my skin tone. If you’re someone who isn’t afraid to wear a little color you should try this lipstick because it’s quite shocking and bold. I find that corals and neon colors in general look incredible with tanned skin.
3. Rimmel London Provocalips in Make Your Move | If you’re not one for color I got something for you too. The formula of this lipstick is long wearing which is good for summer as I mentioned before. The color is nude but it doesn’t wash you out, since it’s got pinky hues. You can still look and feel vibrant and summery, while being comfortable when you wear this color.
4. Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipstick in Hot Pepper | Red lipstick is great year round but red lipstick with a touch of orange is perfect for summer. If you want to make a statement this is your color. It’s very vibrant, fierce, and it looks awesome with a tan. This is, yet again, a long lasting formula but it sits comfortably on the lips.
5. NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler | If you just want a little something for your lips, gloss is the way to go. The formula of the butter glosses is by far the most comfortable i’ve tried. This is a peachy/coraly color that will add a little color to your lips without making it look like too much.
6. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling | Purple is a very bold choice of color but in the summer it looks amazing. If purple scares you, which is completely normal, try toning it down a bit. This shade is beautiful for summer because it gives you a light purple tint, that you can build up if you want a bit more color. It’s also very hydrating and it stains your lips, so you don’t have to worry about reapplying.
7. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Lust for Blush | This is another summery nude lipstick. The formula is a dream and the color is very flattering for summer. It’s a light nudy pink that compliments a lot of skin tones. Even though it’s light it’s a very fresh and low maintenance color, which I find perfect for summer.
I hope you enjoyed this post and got some new ideas on what to try for summer. If you have any suggestions of your favorite lippies for summer, make sure to let me know down below.
See you guys next post!